Create a folder called adaloader in the Arduino folder where the sketches are located and copy the files into that folder. I use Arduino IDE 0022 to load the programmer sketch. Then install a blank 328 chip in the programmer shield socket, press the button and about a quarter second later its programmed with a bootloader.
Something to keep in mind for the chips programmed with the adaloader bootloader - In the IDE select Tools --- Board --- Arduino Duemilanove w/ ATmega328, in order to load sketches. If that last part is forgotten, there will be sync errors for any other board type.
UPDATE: I wanted to be able to program 328 chips with the UNO bootloader. Found a website that has taken all the guesswork out of how to do that.
Just grab the ZIP from this website https://github.com/sowbug/adaStandalone, create a folder with the name of the INO file, in your sketch folder. I've only used this sketch with 1.0 Arduino IDE, load the sketch and now the UNO board w/programmer shield is able to program blank 328p chips with the UNO bootloader!
In a previous post I put together an Arduino Uno Clone. I decided to use that board for this project so that this will be a dedicated 328 chip programmer. I already started working on a case for the project. I have installed pcb mounts and mounted the circuit boards. The cover will have an opening to access the zif socket and icsp port.










No comments:
Post a Comment